05/07/2020· A ball mill also known as pebble mill or tumbling mill is a milling machine that consists of a hallow cylinder containing balls; mounted on a metallic frame such that it can be rotated along its longitudinal axis. The balls which could be of different diameter occupy 30 50 % of the mill volume and its size depends on the feed and mill size.
Grinding mill drives play an important role in the mining industry. Almost 60% of the electrical energy consumed by modern concentrator plants goes to grinding mill drives.
It is generally accepted that the energy required to produce new mineral surfaces is less than 1% of the electricity consumed to operate ball mills. The remaining 99% is assumed to be dissipated ...
Eatons Sells LaBean, ACE engineer, began the project by taking a look at the inching drive output shaft and determining the torque/speed requirement for the tension drive mode on the mill. LaBean then designed a solution with an Eaton Heavy Duty Series 2 hydrostatic pump and Char Lynn® 6000 Series motor operating at the required pressure/flow, along with a
Both the SAG mill and ball mill are each driven by two gear units. Because, on a conventional drive variant, only one engagement per pinion with the girth gear is possible per side, an economic power limit of about 8 MW per drive is in effect. With the DMG2 gear units, Siemens said this limit expands to as much as 12 MW per drive.
Mill speed influences the power draw in two ways: on the one hand, mill power is the lineal product of the mill rotational speed and the torque applied, so there is a lineal dependence; on the other hand, the centreof gravity of the charge is shifted withspeed, creating a non lineal dependence. The overall power draw versus mill speed dependence results in a non lineal
Oscillation damping Detects and actively damps mechanical oscillations in the drive train, reducing additional fatigue on the mill components. Creeping Keeps the mill at very low speed avoiding frozen charge and long process start ups. Automatic positioning Puts the mill at the desired position without rocking.
In some DEM applications such as ball mill 28, jaw crusher 24, high pressure roll grinding 29,30, agitated drum dryer 31, V blender 32, and screw conveyor 33, the calculation of
Rod Mill Design Amp; Power Draw. The rod mill motor power is in horsepower at the mill pinionshaft. for different length rod mills power varies directly as rod length. for difference between new and worn liners increase power draw by 6, and adjust for bulk density per table a. wet grinding rod mills are normally used in minerals processing plants.
13/02/2017· CERAMIC LINED BALL MILL. Ball Mills can be supplied with either ceramic or rubber linings for wet or dry grinding, for continuous or batch type operation, in sizes from 15 x 21 to 8 x 12. High density ceramic linings of uniform hardness male possible thinner linings and greater and more effective grinding volume.